Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Wide Way and the Narrow - My Hope is Jesus

I feel compelled to write about something that is the most important thing in the world.

The older I get, and the more I go through, the more I have a desire for heaven. I don't have a death wish, but I look forward to the return of Christ and of His renewing this Earth with a new one.

As I look around though, I know that there are many people who will not be joining me in the air or in heaven if death comes first.

The gate is wide that leads to destruction, because so many people are going the path of least resistance. They headed down the path that has is wide, with room for many, and many will walk this path and end up in hell.

The narrow path can fit many people, but the way is often difficult. A narrow path means rubbing shoulders with others on the path, it might be out of your comfort zone, but the end is eternal life. The path is narrow because there are few that find it even though it is the desire of the Jesus that all come to that path. He says that it is not His will that any perish but that all come to repentance.

There are many who claim to know Jesus because of a prayer they prayed, but it's not their prayer that saves, it's the acceptance of what Jesus already did that saves. There are many in this category who look back at that prayer and do what they want. Some will even leave the church, but they will still look at that moment and claim heaven. All throughout the Bible that is not what we see of those who truly know Jesus. Those who know Him will continue in the faith. They will put aside evil and hold onto that which is good. They will not love the world or the things in the world. They will not be loved by the world. The world hates those who truly are living for Jesus. And after all of this, it's not what we do. It's what He did, but because of what He did, Christians should not want to look like those who are not Christians.

There are many who reject Christ and God and anything to do with Christianity. They don't claim Jesus. They want nothing to do with Him. I do not expect these people to love me or Christianity. I expect the worst from them, because even their most moral action brings them no closer to heaven. And many do not mind this, because they do not believe heaven is real. I don't say this to put them down. I say this with sadness, because they have no hope. A Christian's only hope is Jesus. Someone without hope in the hereafter - have only this life. It is a miserable thing to only have this earth - to only have 80-100 years max and after that - nothing.

My hope is Jesus. My hope cannot be in man or in this earth or on my earthly goods. My hope cannot be in my husband, my children, my job. My hope can only be Jesus. When the Jesus takes away His church in the rapture, and so many people are left here on earth. My faith will be sight, and some will see that my faith was real. Many will be deceived. Now is the time to believe before there is no more time. In this world today with possible terrorist attacks happening around the country, there is no room for arrogance. There is no room for hope in your country or your leaders or yourself. Your hope must be in the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection or you will be miserable here on earth as well as in eternity.

The great thing about being a true Christian is that it's nothing you have to do. He finished it. He even said, "It is finished" making it very clear to us that the work was done. There would never need to be another animal sacrifice to cover sins in the temple, for the blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin once for all. No more would a priest be the only one to go into the Holy of Holies, for the curtain was torn in two as Jesus died. We have direct access to the Father in Jesus name. Only trust what He did on the cross, asking forgiveness for your sin, and you will have hope for this world and that which is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment