Sunday, March 13, 2016

Meditating on God

Psalm 77:12
"I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings."

I find that one of the most difficult times for me is when my hands are busy, but my mind doesn't have to do anything. Doing the dishes is one of those times. I remember a well-known writer for women said the same thing. Our minds are made to meditate on something, and unfortunately if they are left to nothing, nothing good can come of it.

I think our tendency, unless trained to do otherwise, is to think about what happened earlier or perhaps what's happening tomorrow or next week, and the stress builds.

These times can be great times to meditate on God. We can meditate on this works of the past, present, and hope for the future. "Meditate" can mean to murmur. These are times when it's okay to talk to yourself. Speak the truth about God to yourself.

After you meditate on the truth yourself, you can take the time to talk to others about what God is doing.

In this, your meditation becomes not only helpful for you but also for those who know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment