Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Held by Him

Your child is having surgery tomorrow.

You have a major medical test next week.

Your cancer came back.

Your unborn baby isn't growing.

Your toddler isn't crawling yet.

That feeling that we get when there is an unknown in the present or the future... It is something that I know well, but so many others know it even more. That helpless feeling...

And then we remember what we have known all along. It's that truth that saved us from our sins and an eternity in hell. It's the truth that Christ holds us and our children and everything around us in place. He holds them much better than we ever could, because we trust Him with our souls, and we can trust Him with everything.

There are many quotes that have stood out to me over the years of reading about missionaries and other well-known Christians. This is one that I remember being significant to me.

"First, he brought me here, it is by His will I am in this strait place: in that fact I will rest.

Next he will keep me here in his love, and give me grace to behave as His child.

Then, He will make the trial a blessing, teaching met the lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow. 

Last, in his good time He can bring me out again - how and when He knows.
Let me say I am here,
1) By God's appointment,
2) In His keeping,
3)Under His training,
4) For His time."

Andrew Murray

May each of us let go. May we let go of the things that are already held so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment