Sunday, February 2, 2014

Isn't God Always Good?

A phrase that I see on social media and hear often is, "God is good." There is nothing wrong with the phrase. It is true. The problem is often when we use it.

My child is out of the hospital, "God is good."
I'm cancer free, "God is good."
I got to go on vacation, "God is good."

I think you get the point.
But isn't God always good?

I'm sure it isn't easy to say this phrase when you are having chemo treatments.
It's not easy when your child is sick in the hospital.
It's not easy when you find out your unborn baby has birth defects.

None of these times are easy, but something that we know about God is that His attributes never change. He is unchangeable and that includes his attribute of goodness. Everything that He does is good even when it seems bad. It is always good, because it is always ultimately for our good and His glory. (Romans 8:28)

So next time  you think to say, "God is good," go ahead and say it, because He is always good. Remind yourself though, that He was good yesterday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment