Wednesday, January 22, 2014

If I Could Write Your Future...

If I could write your future
Within the Sands of Time,
I'd let you walk the beach
Holding a hand besides mine.

I'd hope you'd be an artist,
A musician, or mathematician.
All three would be
A wonderful combination.

Running shoes well-worn -
Your Bible even more
The best quiet time -
A walk along the shore.

Your lips would speak,
Your ears would hear,
Your feet would walk,
You'd taste the finest foods.

If I could write your future
Within the Sands of Time,
I'd hope that I would write it,
For your good and not mine.

But since the God of Heaven
Had your story written down,
Before we knew your struggles
Or that you would be our own -

I'll read each day as it comes
With each trial and each test.
I'll teach you
That what He has written is the best.














No comments:

Post a Comment