Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rejoice

I realize the other day that it has been almost a month since I have written a blog post. My writing is a lot like my art, I seem to have to be "inspired" unless it is for my job. So many times my posts have taken shape because of the difficulties of raising a child with special needs or situations surrounding our lives. The negatives seem to give me the most to write about, because that is where the lessons so often are. Lately, however, I want to praise the Lord for the blessings. His mercies have been on us, and I'm so thankful for it.

I think we are so often told to rejoice in the times of difficulty, that we forget to rejoice in the times when life is easier. There will always be little things. Things that need prayer, and the Lord has so richly answered lately. When the days do go well and fear and worry do not overwhelm, rejoice.

I praise the Lord for the recent change in Trenton due to the prayers of my facebook friends and family. I requested prayer for him to begin to better interact with us, and he is. In fact, right after requesting this, we had a session with the physical therapist, and Trenton worked so hard. The hard work seemed to do something to him that nothing else does. It woke him up mentally. I had read of a study about exercise helping the symptoms of CHARGE, but now I saw it in action. The Lord did it, but He used something earthly to do it.

I also praise the Lord for giving me a new job. I will probably need to be a stay at home mom for many years due to Trenton's difficulties. I'm so thankful that around 4 years ago, my sister sent me a job listing for writing. I never would have thought I would be a writer, but I tried it. Not everyone has the ability to write nothing about anything, but that's what I learned to do. It might sound strange, but the Lord was preparing me to be able to work from home, and now, the Lord has provide a way for me to work less time and make more money because of a job where my father in law works. That is a wonderful blessing. God is always sovereignly working things out for our good.

Finally, I cannot imagine raising our sons without my  husband. He is such a blessing as he does so much to care for both of them. I'm so thankful that we can be a team in raising our boys. It cannot be easy for those who do it alone, but God graciously gave us each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment