Saturday, June 15, 2013

Four Fathers

I cannot imagine going through the past year without the help of four important fathers in my life.

The most important Father who has carried me through the last year is my Heavenly Father. He is always there. He never leaves my side. His Spirit is always in my heart because I am His child. Everything that has happened to us with Trenton was in His plan and for His purpose that I might become more like Him.

The second father in my life is my husband Ryan. This year he has carried me with support and help that I cannot imagine making it without. He is so level headed in moments of panic, and he is able to so often help me refocus. He sees things the way they are rather than the way they feel, and so often that means the difference between acting and reacting. I'm so thankful for Him.

The third father in my life is the one I have known the longest. My dad is a wonderful man with a caring heart and giving spirit. So often growing up I did not give him the respect and credit he deserved, but now as an adult I appreciate his wisdom, love, and compassion. I can't imagine my life without him.

The third father in my life is my father-in-law. I have only known him for six years, but I am thankful for how he strives to make me feel like his own daughter. In my realistic mind, that is not easy for me, because my dad is my dad, but I'm so thankful for dad A who is generous, loving, and caring. If it were not for him, I would not have my wonderful husband.

The four fathers in my life have greatly impacted what my life has become. I'm so thankful for each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment