Tuesday, January 22, 2013

More Than a Statistic

I would like to introduce my new blog, More Than a Statistic. This is a blog for moms and the families of those who have or have had children with physical and mental abnormalities due to genetic disorders, birth defects, or other "accidents."

Having a son with CHARGE syndrome has opened my eyes to the loneliness of being "different." It is not just your child who is different. You are different too, because you now look at things in a totally new way. As a Christian, I have hope, and in beginning this blog, I hope to bring that hope to others in my situation.

If you are already a Christian and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, then I invite you to join me in my blog. If you are interested in being a guest blogger on this site, please comment on this article or email me. I would love to post your stories. The main purpose will be to teach "for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ." (Ephesians 4:12)

I know I need this, so surely someone else out there needs it as well. If you do not have a child with any issues, you are still welcome to read. It is always good to see things from someone else's perspective, because no one expects to be in these shoes.

If you have lost a child to an illness, genetic disorder, or some other problem, please join me as well. You might have the most insight of all.

If you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, please read with us. You might find the hope that you need in order to get through this difficult time in your life.

If you know someone who might benefit or be able to add to this blog, please pass it along!

In Christ,
Stephanie Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment